5 Goals for Cuba 2013 – Caitlyn McMahan
- February 7th, 2013
- in Slideshow
- I would like to improve my Spanish listening skills to a point where I don’t have to ask them to “repite” multiple times.
- I want to learn more about the history of Cuba. I am not normally a history person, but I think it would be a shame for me not to take advantage of an opportunity to learn about such a rich and complex history.
- I would like to visit many different types of churches, including a Catholic mass and a Baptist church. When I asked Profe about this, he said that it may be hard to find a Baptist congregation, but I plan to ask around.
- I want to learn more about what the Cubans like to eat. Rather than go to a restaurant and ask for something that sounds vaguely American, I want to ask for their suggestions. Furthermore, I plan to ask about the recipes that they like to cook and prepare some for myself at Montehabana.
- I want to take away as much as possible from the Cuban American relations class. It is not common for an American to be able to take such a class from a Cuban perspective, so I want to take advantage of the incredible opportunity that I have.