5 Goals for Cuba 2013 – Larilyn Miles
- February 7th, 2013
- in Student Blogs
- Right now, I understand Spanish well, but my response rate is not as quick as I would like it to be. My first and biggest goal right now is to be able to respond in Spanish quickly with the right vocabulary and appropriate tense.
- I would definitely like to bond with locals not only to leave a good impression of Americans to Cubans, but also to know I have friends and close relationships with people all over the world.
- I hope to be introduced to good Cuban recipes of all kinds including meals and desserts that I can take to America and introduce to my friends and family. I am not the best cook at the moment, so learning to buy groceries and cook my own meals in order to save money will definitely be a learning experience that I am looking forward to.
- I want to learn more about the people who have had the most influence on Cuban music and entertainment culture. I also want to learn how it has changed over time and how it affects today’s culture.
- I also want to be comfortable enough to initiate conversations with people as opposed to only speaking when I feel like I have to. Hopefully, I will be so confident that I will be able to comfortably help native Spanish speakers at my job without any hesitation as well as participating in community service back home.